Road Transport Lawyers for HGV and PSV Operators and Drivers in the UK and around Europe
Welcome to Smith Bowyer Clarke. We provide, simple, straightforward, and practical legal solutions to all your transport problems.
The road transport industry is one of the most heavily regulated in Europe, and can often appear confusing. That’s why you need a law firm that knows the industry inside out. Many of our lawyers are CPC accredited Transport Managers, and have an insight into the practicalities of running a compliant road transport business. Smith Bowyer Clarke are firmly on the side of the Operator and Driver – We do not prosecute for the CPS or the DVSA.
Free Initial Consultation – Fixed Fees
For a no-obligation, free initial consultation or rapid answer to a simple query just get in touch. We know how busy you are, and can attend at your operating centre, home or place of business at a time to suit you – we provide a truly national service.
We will try to provide you with a fixed fee so that you will know from the beginning what the process will cost. This should help with budgeting and prevent that lurking doubt that each call you make or email you send is racking up the fees – What we quote is what you pay!
How we can help
Our lawyers can assist you with all road transport matters, including:
Operator Licensing and Traffic Commissioner
- Traffic Commissioner’s Public Inquiry
- Driver Conduct Hearings
- Operator licence Applications and Variations
- Specialist transport advice to big business
- Compliance audits and assistance
DVSA (VOSA) and Police
- Interviews under caution
- Stops, inspections and Fixed Penalties
- Reclaiming seized vehicles
- DVSA MOT disciplinary investigation and hearings.
- Drivers’ hours and working time offences
- Falsifying tachograph records
- Overloading and defective vehicle offences
- Causing death by dangerous or careless driving
Cross-Border and International Transport
Speak to one of our lawyers today and find out how we can help you and your business.