Expert team of Barristers and Solicitors with years of experience in providing advice and representation in Road Transport Law.

What is VOL (Vehicle Operator Licensing) and what do I need to do?


Vehicle Operator Licensing (VOL) is a new online system which has been designed to replace Operator Licence Self Service. Once the new system has been made available it will be possible to make applications, upload documents such as bank statements, amend details and provide information about changes online. In order to use the new VOL service you will need a modern and secure browser installed on your computer.


If you regularly use the current Operator Licensing Self Service system you will need to ensure you do so before 4 p.m. on Thursday 10th November or after midday on Monday 14th November during which time the system will be unavailable. If you need to make any urgent vehicle changes during this period, you will need to contact


This entry was posted in Other Transport Matters. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Ask a Question

Let us know how we can help. Just provide a brief outline of your query.

Free Consultation Motoring Law